This week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge is “passport to fun” – which means ANY travel related crafting is eligible! Or passport sized? or inspired by a place? It’s WIDE open – be sure to visit the blog to see all of the other creations and to enter. This week’s prize (as always) is a $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp! The winner is randomly drawn – you can enter by posting to your blog, flickr, or other site too. See the blog for entry details and rules as usual.
I broke into some of my new Tim Holtz goodies for this layout, and used my compass stamp as a base for my title – I LOVE using this stamp like this!
1. Ink no.12 tag edges with blue distress ink, then mount two (3×5) photos to it. Adhere this to layout, cut off the excess tag that hangs over the edge.
2. Ink compass stamp with embossing ink, then stamp, coat in black powder, and heat set. Get out some UTEE in platinum while you’re at it, sprinkle it around the layout and heat from underneath (so the UTEE doesn’t fly away!
3. Stitch around the edge of the photos
4. Add gears & rub-ons to top. Then take travel stamp (stamp) and picked raspberry ink and edge along very top and bottom so just part shows.
5. Paint the #4 with picked raspberry distress, add to layout along with journaling and title stickers.
6. To finish the page, flick some dylusions for the blue dots.