I’ve got a serious vinyl addiction, folks! Combine it with my ScanNCut (for which I am a paid consultant (for Brother) but as always all ideas and opinions are my own) and I simply can’t stop! Today I’m sharing a tutorial for how I took two cups (that were on sale two for a dollar!) and turned them into the new pencil/colored pencil cups for school.
School begins today – this summer really did simply disappear!
I created a video to walk through the simple how-to for a project like mine. Here is a link to YouTube and the full tutorial.
To recap the steps:
- Measure and decide max size of the pattern.
- Place vinyl on mat and insert into machine
- Select pattern(s), resize, and cut (around 2 normally works well)
- Weed out anything not your pattern
- Transfer onto transfer sheet
- Apply to surface, rub firmly, and remove transfer sheet
Miss Rebecca is obsessed with all things mint these days so this cup was immediately claimed by here even though I had thought to use it in the studio – high praise indeed! Hard to believe the girls are in 5th and 7th grade today… time sure does fly!