A midsummer’s challenge…

018

My art journal has become my refuge. my escape. my amazing happy place. If you’re in my Art Journaling class (part of Camp Scrap at www.craftwithmay.com) you know this. I couldn’t come up with something for this week’s challenge and I thought… I could art journal a quote!

022

First I colored the whole thing with my blue pencils. Then I added a star stencil, a lady (colored with pencil), some glitter, and some paste.

026

I love projects like this – simple and fun and I ADORE having quotes and thoughts in my journal to inspire me whenever I need it. Or encourage me – whatever the case may be.

50dollar_voucher_600px

This week we’re all about summer- won’t you join in the creative fun? Simon is, as always, offering a generous $50 voucher that will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries each week. Join the fun by creating a project this week – and for your chance to win a $50 voucher you should hop on over and join in the challenge here.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest

Comments

1. says

So many great elements to this inspiring little page. Pencils have recently become my coloring tool of choice, so I was excited to see your work with them. And you know I love glitter! The quilled flower? Perfect! Beautifully done, May!

2. says

Wow! I really like this page. I like the placement of the woman, who looks like she’s glancing expectantly over at the blank page waiting for it to be filled. The color palette is really unique and your sentiment is full of creativity and imagination. Love how it all came together!

3. Victoria H. says

Oh this page is gorgeous, it just draws me in and gives me a warm feeling of joy. I love the colors, the small details of stars, glitter and her flower in her hair. Your camp is so fun and inspiring!

4. michelle t says

Pretty page. Love the dark but at the same time soft color. So pretty, inspiring. Michelle t

5. says

May this is really a great journal page… sometimes we need to go within and that is what this looks like to me… a great inner page with deep meaning on a lot of levels for you… GREAT page color and layout… Love, Light and Peace…Bonnie

6. says

Such a beautiful page and a wonderful quote, May. I love the shades of blue and adore the paper quilled flower ~ wonderful! :)