Use any ink in some way?! Oh the possibilities!
I decided to marry two of my favorites: Distress Ink and Hero Arts Shadow Ink pads. All this card took was those inks, paper, and stamps. (and a smidgen of thread) to make this card. LOVE making cards like this!
1. Use Hero Shadow Inks to stamp the background (grey text), set aside. Then use shadow inks on white cardstock for the seal, leaves, and acorn. Cut these all out.
2. Stamp with distress ink the woodgrain stamp onto white paper.
3. Keep those distress inks out – and get a foam blending tool. Use brown to ink all over the background with text, flick with water and dry, then tear edges and dot with gold paint.
4. Assemble card! Background + cardstock strip + woodgrain background adhered together then mist with perfect pearls mist. Add a circle (hand cut) from cardstock and set n place.
5. Add the circle (hand cut, in my case) sentiment using foam adhesive. Also – if you’re so inclined rough those edges up with your scissors for a distressed look. Then attach the leaves and acorn, and stitch things into place. Once all of this is done adhere onto a standard (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) card!
and boom! One card ready to go.
Well… ok. Maybe it was less “boom” and more “3 episodes of New Girl later… it was done!” but you get the idea.
Simon is, as always, offering a generous $50 voucher that will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries each week. For your chance to win a $50 voucher you should hop on over and join in the challenge here.
16 thoughts on “Challenge: Got Ink?”
What a lovely Thanksgiving card! The pretty background and distressed edges give it a warm autumnal feel! Sweet design.
Really pretty Thanksgiving card, May. I love your design and choice of ink colors. 🙂 <3 Candy
Gorgeous card May! The combination of patterns is so great, and the text in the background looks wonderful.
I love the newsprint backdrop May , works so well with the wood grain stamp too. Love the mix of elements on this piece and I always love to see stitching. Tracy x
Such a pretty card! Love the warm tones and the gold sparkle! Lovely!!
Fabulous card! Love the beautiful newsprint background stamp! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra
Delightful card, may!
Gorgeous card, May! I love how you did the distressed woodgrain background 🙂
Simon Says Stamp!
What a fabulous card, May. I love the beautiful distressed edges and woodgrain background. 🙂
Beautiful card May! Love the woodgrain background!
Hi Sweet May! GORGEOUS card! I love every little detail you put into it! Such a gorgeous Fall creation! Have a great week. XOXO
Absolutely beautiful card! LOve the background and the fall colors you’ve used! Amazing! BArbarayaya
Love the rustic feel – and that background layer is fabulous!
You actually make it seem really easy together with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be really something that I feel I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next publish, Ill try to get the cling of it! afbdgcdkaeed
Sweet website, super layout, very clean and utilise genial. efedeacffdef
Comments are closed.