I have been SO quiet the last week – it’s been busy, then we all got sick… but I think we’re on the mend and you should expect to see a LOT more creative posting from me this week. I’m so glad! Let’s kick it off with this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge: Quotable. Visit the blog to see all of the other creations and to enter. This week’s prize (as always) is a $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp! The winner is randomly drawn – you can enter by posting to your blog, flickr, or other site too. See the blog for entry details and rules as usual.
The show Heroes (the first season only) has been strongly recommended to me over the years and I decided to check it out. I can tell you it is AMAZING – such a powerful story and so many really positive messages and things to think on. At one point my favorite hero in training is getting frustrated and wanting to have his power under control and generally just really wanting to be at the good part. His friend says this to him, and I felt like it was a really powerful message that I wanted to have up on my wall.
1. Color Tim Holtz Burlap panel with distress paint – be random and mix it up! Allow to fully dry
2. Splash with alcohol ink and blending solution, again allow to fully dry
3. Stamp (black archival ink) gears
4. Stamp (gold paint) wire background stamp
1. Stamp (black archival ink) the gentleman on specialty stamping paper. Mount onto grungeboard with double sided tape sheet and cut out.
2. Color with distress markers, then blend with a water brush
3. Mount onto canvas background
My quote was printed out onto cardstock, then edged with brown distress paint and is the finishing touch on this small canvas. I love the results – and the reminder that this gentleman gives me to stay my course and keep on working towards all my goals.