it’s been nuts and I haven’t been making time for blogging. Plus the air quality around here? BLECH! It’s overcast and smoky, and that’s wreaking havoc on my eyes nose and throat. ugh. Luckily the girls don’t seem as sensitive to it as I am.
Anyhow- here’s a quick review of random photos I took on my last fisk-a-trip. Jason asked me “so what did you get to see in Minnesota?” and my answer was “a 7 mile radius”. Seriously- I was either working at the scrapbook shop, sleeping, or in transit to more scrappy-goodness. Crazy. So here’s the pics-
1. Mall of America = one big mall. They really didn’t have many stores that I can’t find in San Francisco or Sacramento (locally)… but it would be awful sweet to have as a local mall. It was fun to walk around. Oh- and those people gathered? They were waiting to see a Nickelodeon celeb. (the i-carly girl?)
2. eat at Ike’s. The only sit-down (with waiters) meal I had on this trip was at the airport, and it was GOOD. I was really super happy with the MN airport. They had chair massages, sit down restaurants, shopping, and even a salon with pedicures (no, I didn’t have time for that). good times.
3. Caribou Coffee. I didn’t try it, because for some reason the sign didn’t scream “drink me!” the way starbucks does. But it must be good- because they’ve got them all over. Now to be fair- they don’t serve foamy green coffee. This is some tea concoction that Cat (fisk-a-teer and cropper) was so kind to pose with. and yes, “what’s IN that caribou coffee” jokes ensued.
4. one heck of a good veggie sandwich. (JJ’s?) It was ‘famous’ sandwiches. I don’t know about that but it was GOOD. and you know I like my good eats.
5. My rental car, aka “the stang”. I rented a compact car. Due to a former issue with the company, they had upgraded me to a mid-size. Lady was talking about nissan senata or something. Then I went out to “C17” and found a BRIGHT orange/yellow (depending on light) mustang. I laughed until tears prickled at my eyes. Seriously? I can’t just get a normal car ever, can I? It is my destiny to have interesting rentals- this was the most interesting yet. I like to blend when I travel, but it was impossible. You couldn’t miss my car. nope. I even had people trying to drag me at stoplights. Really? that still happens? (sigh)
I just kept my shades on and a smile on my face. If nothing else, this was just another fabulous detail of a truly positive trip.
and that’s all she wrote folks. I’m off to get good sleep. If you’ve read through this far and my very random photos and thoughts… thanks. 🙂 My scrap-related ramblings on this trip can be found over at http://fiskateers.com/blog/2008/06/22/pics-from-st-paul/