Have you seen the Basic Grey November newsletter? You can check it out here: http://www.basicgrey.com/clientuploads/CNL_1109.pdf
Pssst – I made a layout with their swoon-worthy Eskimo Kisses line that is featured this month in it. I pretty much squealed when I saw Kelly Goree’s call to create a page for the sketch… and I was even peppier when she gave me the green light to do it…
It felt good to put some of my Basic Grey stash to such good use. I just love how this page came out and YES! I used a holiday line for a non-holiday page. It can totally be done – just have to pick the right stuff.
“I Becca” is because if you ask her if she’s various things (animals, minnie mouse, etc) she says “I becca!” So cute. Had to document it. I’ve got a few tips to share about the layout too:
* Die cut paper (could be any kind of paper really) approx 11 1/2 x 11 wide. I used the back side of it instead of the colored side.
* Kraft cardstock cut 9 1/2 x 8 1/2 and corners are rounded & edged with smooch ink.
* strip of patterned paper below photos (which are 4×6) is about 1 1/4 x 6
* Strip of patterned paper at right of photos could be substituted with a ribbon or border sticker
* I used a big rub-on under the title letters, but a stamp or sticker could work too.
* I placed the bigger rhinestones and pearls first, then the smaller ones. Don’t worry about perfect or being even – I like the random look.
I think the rhinestones & pearls along the edge is my favorite part.
Excuse me, I need to go fondle make another layout with this line of paper ASAP.