Today I want to share with you one of my “quick and easy” formulas for crafting. Today’s example: An easy way to use up those loose sequins on your work space! This is something I come across a lot, and making a card is always a great easy way to “clean the desk” as well as use up some random supplies.
My formula is this:
- Black stitching or pen work 1-2x around the perimeter of the card. ANY color cardstock you’d like. Can also be white pen/stitching
- Add 2-3 elements. Could be die cuts, stickers, a doily… just make a simple trio of elements to form your card.
- Add a sentiment if one not already somewhere on the other elements
- Dot 6-8 drops of PPA adhesive (my fave!) around randomly and add sequins. The more random/off the desk the better!
- Repeat step 4, then once satisfied add any glitter glue, flecks of mist, or anything else you’d like!
This is an incredibly simple formula, but it’s a great one for a few reasons:
- If you’re stuck and don’t know what to do
- If you only have a few minutes
- If you need a card quick
- If you want to get that desk cleared and sequins gone
Basically – it’s a no-lose situation!
Here you can see my finished card – I just love it! The sequins are all 28 Lilac Lane, and the paper elements are Crate Paper (Maggie Holmes). FYI – A little hummingbird told me new mixes are coming to Buttons Galore so be sure to stay tuned!