To all my fellow Star Wars fans- happy May the Fourth! We’re going to attempt a Death Star Pizza & Yoda Smoothie (random, I know) for dinner. But in honor of this day that my kids are oh so into, I wanted to create a scrapbook page with six photos taken in Disneyworld last year. Now I had a video all made – and the laptop ate it. I wish I was kidding. The good news is this: This is the only video harmed in the random disappearance, and this is a layout I can easily explain with a blog post!
Years ago I did a “Project Hawaii” series (here’s a link) in which I took photos, filled pages, and created in a Project Life inspired way but directly on 12×12 paper. This is a GREAT way to do that style without special pocket pages or having to have the same design front and back! Today I’ll be making a page in that same way.
- Put photos together in a way that allows for embellishing spaces Example the two lower right photos – I made a journaling space!
- Always “ground” your embellishments by having them on the edge or otherwise attached to some other element.
- Mix and match! I had some random buttons, some blue stars… and Yoda! This clear sticker from Hallmark is great on this page bringing just a touch of theme sticker fun to an otherwise simple page.
- Use “ugly” or “never gonna use it” cardstock or patterned paper for the base!! Great way to use it up since none will be seen.
- Mix & match! Need more journaling space? Leave a photo out!
- Work biggest to smallest. Always easy to find little nooks & crannies to work small things in.
Most of all – have fun! This style of layout is so quick and easy because there is no in depth layering no design woes. Just glue & go!!
If you love vacation scrapbooking – make sure you’re in my (self paced) Vacation scrapbook guide!! It has my complete cruise + Disney 2014 vacation album and so much content! One of my favorite classes for sure. I have such fun sharing ideas – and on National Scrapbook Day stay tuned for a special scrapbook post here on my blog.
I hope you have a great day – may the (scrapbook) force be with you!
Leave a comment here by 5/6/2017 at 6pm pacific time and you’ll be entered to win a goodie box filled with fun treats including a 28 Lilac Lane “Stardust” kit (blue, stars, perfect for Star Wars!) AND you’ll get added into the Craft With May online class of your choice!!! Everyone is welcome to enter- good luck!