New week, new challenge! It’s all about CARNIVAL this week! I’m not a circus fan, and I didn’t have fair photos to scrapbook. So… what’s a girl to do? Well I took that theme and STRETCHED it… I took “Carnival” to mean like the festivals/events around the world, and then I thought of Mardi Gras for color inspiration. Now on this challenge Simon is, as always, offering a generous $50 voucher that will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries each week. For your chance to win a $50 voucher you should hop on over and join in the challenge here.
1. Use embossing paste, stencil the damask on white cardstock.
2. Apply coating of distress glitter, shake off extra.
3. Squirt some dylusions mists in green and purple at the top of the paper. YES, while everything is still wet.
4. Squirt a bit of water over the damask area to get rid of some of the color over the stenciled area, and to help blend. Then squirt with white dylusions mist to tone it down a bit.
5. Let it dry, then add gold stamping, a (painted black) banner with gold (painted) letters, and edge in black paint.
This was pure FUN to make – hope you like it!