Today I wanted to share a card I made, where I played with and mixed my medias to create an interesting background. The big thing with mixed media (to me) is to remember there isn’t a RULE. It doesn’t have to be anything. You don’t have to intentionally do it or think too hard about it. The WONDERFUL thing about it for me is that mixing your inks, paints, gels, stitching, and other mediums is that you can get amazing results.
1. Stamp with dark green ink the ticket background stamp
2. Color entire surface with blending tool + distress ink.
3. Use stencil + gel medium and apply thin layer. set aside to dry.
4. Once dry, color with brown and darker blue/turquoise distress ink
5. Stamp with black archival ink (circles) over the top
6. Squirt with perfect pearls mist
7. Use distress tool on edges, stitch paper to front of card.
I added paper bits from my stash, as well as a distressed + stamped scrap of paper with “a great adventure” stamped onto it to finish up my card.
note: the background stamp I used (tickets) is from the new Basic Grey collection and I didn’t find an online source, but it should be coming soon!
5 thoughts on “Adventure card”
Fantastic card. Looks like a lot of fun to make. The colors make me happy.
Wow! That is so fresh and fun. It is inky wonderful-ness!
I love this background and the technique you used to get this look. I love mixing different mediums and you used some great colors! Also the scraps of paper look great with it!
Agree it is a HAPPY card, love it, cant wait to get home to my stamps! Cant think why I did not think to pack a couple of stamps, bit of bubble wrap and a stamp pad!
( brought a little emergency pack of goodies with me but wish I had thought a bit more)!!!
So cool May
Comments are closed.