Today I wanted to share a card I made, where I played with and mixed my medias to create an interesting background. The big thing with mixed media (to me) is to remember there isn’t a RULE. It doesn’t have to be anything. You don’t have to intentionally do it or think too hard about it. The WONDERFUL thing about it for me is that mixing your inks, paints, gels, stitching, and other mediums is that you can get amazing results.
1. Stamp with dark green ink the ticket background stamp
2. Color entire surface with blending tool + distress ink.
3. Use stencil + gel medium and apply thin layer. set aside to dry.
4. Once dry, color with brown and darker blue/turquoise distress ink
5. Stamp with black archival ink (circles) over the top
6. Squirt with perfect pearls mist
7. Use distress tool on edges, stitch paper to front of card.
I added paper bits from my stash, as well as a distressed + stamped scrap of paper with “a great adventure” stamped onto it to finish up my card.
note: the background stamp I used (tickets) is from the new Basic Grey collection and I didn’t find an online source, but it should be coming soon!