What gets me in the mood for holiday craftiness? Quite often it’s music or movies that play an important role in making things feel a bit more festive. Today I want to share some favorites.
- White Christmas – the original, classic, good any time of year and always makes me feel warm & fuzzy. My sister and I watched this together… maybe a hundred times. possibly more.
- Elf – family favorite + most quoted holiday movie around here. Who doesn’t adore Buddy?
- Love Actually – a personal favorite but WATCH OUT! It’s rated “R” due to some rather random nudity… so don’t watch when kids are up!
- Harry Connick Jr. – all his stuff is AMAZING, but I especially love Christmas music with Harry. When My Heart Finds Christmas has long been a favorite. But I’ll take What a Night! or Harry for the Holidays ANY DAY. He’s the best.
- A very She & Him Christmas just came out – and I purchased a few songs for my iPod. Loving the sound.
- I’ve been enjoying some Brian Setzer Orchestra christmas tuneage as well. Girls love his version of White Christmas… all slow and relaxed for a while then BAM!
There are other single songs I love – like Mariah Carey’s version of “All I Want for Christmas is You” , and I’m a sucker for Sleigh Ride, Winter Wonderland, White Christmas… oh a number of songs. I haven’t named everything here – and obviously there are a ton of movies I enjoy having on as I work this time of year including some of the cartoon specials, cheesy ABC Family made for TV movies, Christmas Story… so many… What are your favorites?