Halloween Card {and give-away}

If you think that so far I’m having a good time being on the Tim Holtz design team, you’d be right.

Tim Holtz product used: texture fade, spiced marmalade, pumice stone, and walnut stickles, peeled paint and dusty concord distress ink, metal clip

other: Jenni Bowlin vintage Halloween kit goodies, Martha Stewart candy sticker, cardstock, PPA by USArtQuest (adhesive), ribbon

I made another of my ‘glue faux fruit rolls’ and attached to the front of a folded piece of cardstock to make a card. Then I inked, stickled, and otherwise decorated. SO easy!!

What could be more fun than getting a bit of crazy Halloween goodness in the mail? How about getting a texture fade of your own?

Tim sent me these last week, and he said I could share them with my lovely blog readers. I already have (and LOVE and USE) these texture fades and I can tell you they’re LOADS of fun!! Would you like to get one of these in the mail? Leave a comment here and I’ll pick two winners (and send them each one of the texture fade sets shown above) in a few days. Share your favorite October treat in a comment here, and maybe I’ll treat you!! Good luck.

Halloween Night {glue on canvas project}

Yesterday I shared a video + idea for another way to use texture fades by Tim Holtz. Today I will share my first project with this technique:

I used the Halloween Night texture fade in this example. I LOVE this one and all the detail it has. Once dry and peeled (the embossed glue sheet, that is) I rubbed a 4×5 canvas with my Spiced Marmalade distress ink. Then I rubbed with liquid adhesive and set my ‘glue faux-fruit roll’ on top. The result? As it dried the ink pooled in a few spots and not in others, creating an uneven orange background behind the translucent glue. LOVE IT!

Then I stickled it to within an inch of it’s life. Ok, not really but you can see I used stickles glitters to accent the cat, number, web, and a few other details.

I also used some Dusty Concord distress crackle paint to accent some edges, and I applied Rock Candy distress crackle paint lightly to some areas – especially the skeleton. Once dry I rubbed over it with black soot to help make the cracks stand out. You might notice I let some edges of the glue sheet stand up. I was TOTALLY ok with that. Really I was just having some fun playing here – and in the process came up with another little home decor piece to add to my spook-i-fied house!!

You can probably tell I’m having a blast with Tim’s products. I really like that I’m finding more uses for them in my craft projects, and truly how easy they are to use and how everything works together.