It’s been… a week. I’m thinking I have enough energy/mental ability to handle a post, but only if it is easy. SO! Here’s a list of all kinds of randomness… 13 in honor of Friday the 13th too…
1. THANK YOU for the comments on my guest blogger’s post. My wee girl sat at the computer yesterday after dinner with a HUGE grin on her face reading her comments. She says she will do a holiday stamping video for sure – you really made her day.
2. Building websites is so hard if you have no idea what you are doing and you know what you want but you don’t know how to find what you want and nobody will tell you how to do what you want to do in a way that makes sense. *DEEP BREATH* I might have had a break down at the computer yesterday, ugly sobbing and all. But we’ve passed the place of hopeless despair (I think!) and I believe I’m very close to getting back to actual creative work!!
3. Speaking of Creative Work… Creative Chemistry is BACK!! Tim Holtz brings a “102” – and you know it’ll be awesome. He posted about it here. Oh, and speaking of Tim – did you see new distress paint colors?! I’m very happy to have these added to my collection. Simon Says Stamp has them in stock here.
4. Hero Arts + me sitting in a tree. Seriously? Their new catalog rocks and I just got my hands on some new goodies – I’ll be sharing pics + tutorials ASAP. (As soon as I make some creative time, that is!)
5. Did somebody say new? This Elle’s Studio kit just *had* to come home with me. The “goal” tag will be perfection as Miss R scored her first ever goal in her game last week. Coach May/mom couldn’t be more proud! But seriously – LOVE all the stuff Elle’s Studio has out and they have even more fun stuff coming soon!
6. You know how I said I’ve been in website building drama? Well, to match perfectly with that I just finished watching the Netflix series Orange is the New Black. AMAZING show. Pretty intense – if you’re easily offended or shocked it isn’t for you – but it has an amazing balance of comedy and character depth, thought provoking subjects and heart. Now of course to wait for season 2… for those who have watched? Let’s just say the theme song + crazy eyes = kind of how I have been feeling with the website madness.
8. Fall is coming – and Blue Moon has my beloved seasonal beer pack out! So yum. I love fall. Have I ever mentioned that? It is by far my favorite season. All I need now is for the weather to cool down + Honeycrisp apples to show up in the stores!
9. I know Tim has already made the list, but there’s just one more thing.. his fabric is here!! If you want small amounts, Simon Says Stamp has the cut quarters, squares, strips, etc. in a lot of options. Looking for full yards? If you’re in the USA – check your local Joann Fabric. I scored some a few weeks back and it was 40% off as well! Now I have to decide what I’m going to do with it first! You can expect to see tutorials here on my blog for all kinds of fun projects.
10. Persimmon is coming!! I spy some in the Simon shop – I can’t wait to get my hands on this and play. Such an awesome line – you know I love my Basic Grey!
11. Have you ever been on a Disney cruise? We’re looking at (a VERY short) one late 2014… it seems like I need to book it ASAP and just commit already. Booking way in advance = better everything on a cruise, right?
12. Adoring the Glitz stamps all cute in their boxes. This set wants me to order it and bring it home..
13. Websters + Allison Kreft = magic. Also? Webster’s is distributing October Afternoon now – so YAY for that!! I adore this company and I see that Webster’s is shipping goodies out now… such exciting times!!
So I think that is about it. I’m heading back into my batcave for more testing and learning and hopeful web building. Wish me luck! I’ll be back on Monday with a new Simon Challenge post, and new posts all next week too. Between now and then though, I’ll be doing all I can to avoid extra computer time. This girl can only take so much of staring at my admin dashboard…
Have a great weekend!