These could be done any way, any size, any style! They could have a simple “welcome” note, hold your menu, be small and act as place cards… but it is an easy craft that any aspiring hostess should know! Here’s the how-to:
1. Cut two pieces of chipboard (or any super thick paper) + a 1/2 x 5″ (this can vary greatly) strip of the board as well. FYI cardstock can work, but it is best for very small signage. Bigger paper = quicker to fall over with weak paper!
2. Use tape to adhere the two (equal sized) pieces of chipboard together at one end, leaving a very thin gap. Do this on both sides, DO NOT worry about perfect coverage.
3. Use that small strip and fold each end down. This is going to be what props and keeps your sign up/open. Cut excess if needed, use strong double sided tape to adhere very near the bottom of each sign.
4. FUN PART! cover with printed materials, patterned paper, etc. on both sides. I advise assembling pieces before attaching to sign. ALSO: You can totally make your papers a bit wider than the sign. Just make sure they aren’t taller than the chipboard bits.
5. Tape over the top of the sign, then add ribbon, fun baubles, or whatever else you like!
This is such an easy thing to make, and there are so many applications…
If you’d like to know about why I made these signs, stay tuned! I will be doing a post about why I threw myself a tea party tomorrow.