This morning I sat down and did a major purge of my google reader account. Blogs that haven’t been updated in months, ones that I always skip over, people who’s posts are a recap of their social media posts… oh that feels good.
Ah but now the FUN part comes in. I’ve spent the morning out surfing blogs (I so rarely visit actual BLOG pages it’s cool!) and looking for new favorites to add. Here is my #1 “I’m so excited to have found her” blog:
*LOVING* Wanda and her amazing cards. LOVE! I am so card challenged – this is such an inspiring blog. LOVE IT!
I’m back to my quest for awesome-ness. What do I look for in a blog? I look for a few things:
- photography [good pics, nice angles, proper lighting, etc]
- ‘voice’ of blogger [style of writing that I want to keep reading!]
- happy/uplifting [no sad/poor me/depressing people!]
- inspiring [ideas, thoughts, projects, etc]
- sharing [favorites, projects, ideas, etc]
- honest [feels real, legit, and not fake or filled with product placement for $ junk]
- posts on a somewhat regular basis [and doesn’t post sorry/my life is busy lengthy posts when content lacks!]
I love all kinds of creative/artistic/crafty blogs. I’m also liking some book and food blogs, and most of all PERSONAL blogs where the person has a ‘focus’ (such as paper crafting) but shares bits of themselves as well. I do like a blogger with a ‘face’!!!
So – what do you like? and do you have suggestions? I’d love to hear them!!!