I challenge you, right now, busy or not to do something creative for 5 minutes. It doesn’t have to be something completed, you just have to put the time in.
You see, I’m a big believer in a few things, but for today’s post you should know:
- I don’t buy the “too busy” excuse from people for the most part. Whatever you’re excusing, we’re all busy and we all have loads of things to do/people to see/places to go. You sometimes should/will choose other things over creative time – it may very well be the right choice – but there is always a choice. Likewise with family time and everything else in life. You’re choosing what you do with your time. OWN that it’s your choice, and feel good about what you do.
- I believe creativity is a muscle that must be exercised on a regular basis if you want to grow/improve/enjoy it. 4 min or 4hrs – makes no difference to me – just so long as I do something each day.
With that said, here are 5 things I did in the 15 minutes I’ve squeezed into this insanely busy day:
1. Sort out some embellishments. I gathered & hung these on a peg with help of a handy binder ring. LOVE those things!
2. Add photos to your ‘to be scrapped’ area. I sorted (the labels on my ancient photo box no longer apply – I sort merely by ‘scrap page subject’ in available slots) pictures and started the wheels in motion for my next scrap session.
3. Experiment. I’m still trying to understand Copic markers, so I was playing on a scratch paper understanding the brush stroke and how it might work. Practice is good!
4. Start a new project. Just get those first few glimpses of what might be. Gather some inspiration, get the wheels turning…
5. Jot down some notes for journaling, ideas, or things you want to make in future.
In other words, try your hand at some little step that will enhance your creativity the next time you’ve got more than 5 minutes – or simply keep at it with a few minutes here & there. Those minutes add up and a lot of fun can be had…
Tomorrow I’ll take one of these starters and turn it into a full blown project. Stay tuned. Right now I’ve got a hot date to hit the town with my fireman…