Here’s my entry – a card that was nice and neat… until I squirted it with water! Here is the how-to on this card:
1. Hand cut a heart out of a scrap of paper, saving both the heart AND the paper you cut it out of.
2. Stamp with broken china disterss ink gears all over a piece of specialty stamping paper and allow it to dry. Then place the paper (with heart shaped hole)near the center and ink ruler stamp with distress ink. Stamp and the ruler image will only appear within the heart – magic! and a fun way to use a background stamp too.
3. Once that ink is dry, place the cut out heart OVER the inked area and then use a foam blending tool and tumbled glass distress ink to color the entire area evenly.
4. Mist with water, let paper dry totally.
5. Add punched heart (stamped with gear stamp using gold paint) and sentiment to the specialty stamping paper (which by the way, is 3 3/4 x 5) and then stitch it to a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cardstock. Finish by adding dots of distress stickles around the edge.
Distress inks are my favorite messy medium because all it takes is adding a bit of water to make things bleed, blend, and otherwise make an artful mess. FUN! If you’re looking for a more controlled mess – I’ll be guesting on the Simon Says Stamp store blog this week sharing a neat & clean Dylusions card. No, really!
16 thoughts on “Challenge: messy”
Love love love the ruler heart…totally cool! I didn’t even notice the gears until I read…love that too! FUN!!!
“Challenge: messy” was in fact a extremely pleasant post,
. Keep creating and I’m going to keep on reading! Thank you ,Angie
Beautiful! The heart, the design and all the stitching come together to create a lovely card!
Lovely card May, the heart is particularly striking and great use of the ruler stamp too. Love the sublte background stamping too. Tracy x x
Gorgeous card, May! Love the ruler heart and the soft background is amazing! Hugs, Sandra
I love the images you stamped inside the hearts. Messy can be beautiful!
Love the ruler heart May and the cool gear background. Gorgeous card!!
May…your card is very cool. I love that ruler stamp and can’t wait to get my hands on it! Really cool how you’ve used it on this heart. And…the runs you’ve gotten by spritzing water on it looks really cool, too. The “FROM THE HEART” is the perfect sentiment for this! <3 Candy
very cool, my son would actually like that if i sent it to him.
May, nice messy card…isn’t love sometimes like that?
Really digging this ruler heart, May! Also the sweet little gold dots along the edge really sharpen up the project! I love it!
Simon Says Stamp!
May this is one cool card, love the centre ruler heart (very clever).
This is lovely-such a creative heart!
I love the light touch you used on this card. Definitely a lady like mess! Very pretty May.
So cool… love the colour combination, and the “bleeding” heart looks just amazing – wonderful inspiration, thank you!
Great card May!
Comments are closed.