Note: the give-away for $25 to Simon Says Stamp is still open here!!
New week… new challenge!! Head over immediately (if you’ve not done so already) and visit Simon Says Stamp & Show – it is “inspired by Summer Distress” week! Whether you’re inspired by the colors or use Tim’s newest pads themselves – go have fun!! The rules + post can be found over there. You want to enter because it is fun, plus Simon Says Stamp gives away (randomly) a $50 voucher each week to one lucky entrant!!! You can get all the details at the blog here.
Now let me show you my project, and tell you how-to:
1. Blend the three colors of distress ink across a blank tag. Then squirt with water and allow to dry.
2. Ink background stamp with all three colors, then mist with water and stamp to give a watercolor effect. Because the blended background is softer, the layered stamped image will show up nicely!
3. Stamp (with black soot) the dot mixed media stamp randomly.
4 Add trim at bottom and top by stitching into place.
5. Add word stickers, then use glossy accents to coat them and allow it to dry. While that dries…
6. To make the heart first cover piece of grunge board with foil tape, then die cut into a heart and emboss. Next squirt some re-inker (pink summer distress!), 2 drops of glossy accents, and a drop of white paint onto the heart and rub it all around. When dry, scrub some off (exposing the foil in spots), and coat with another layer of glossy accents before attaching to the tag.
7. Stamp chicken wire mixed media stamp with blue archival randomly.
8. To finish off this tag, mist with perfect pearls mist to add even more shine!
It is no secret I absolutely adore my distress inks, especially these new summer ones!! They are so full of potential – I’ll be using them year-round for sure!